A regular meeting of software engineering researchers and practitioners, primarily from Montreal as well as visitors. This discussion group brings together like minds from research institutions and industry to share software engineering knowledge, challenges, and solutions.
- Promote regular contact between SE researchers for the purposes of sharing knowledge and starting collaborations
- Provide a venue for sharing brief overviews of research or tool development
- Develop a network such that students and post-docs gain visibility within the SE community for future academic and employment opportunities
- Offer a welcoming place for students to practice their communication before an audience
- Facilitate discussion between academia and industry such that pressing problems can be introduced and discussed
The SEMTL community uses a Google Group as a support to broadcast meeting announcements and other news. The first step to join the community is to join the group!